No Products in the Cart
Poetry Mats ~ 5 different poems and activities for March. Teach a poem of the week each week using these versatile differentiated Poetry Mats to build literacy skills and reading fluency. The printable poems and practice activities make the perfect companions for your March (St. Patrick's Day, Read Across America, and the start of spring) lesson plans!
March's 5 original poems are:
1. Lucky, Little Leprechaun
2. Open a Book
3. Raindrops, Raindrops
4. Community Helpers
Interested in learning more about teaching poetry in primary? Join the FREE poetry e-course HERE!
What is included in Poetry Mats!
A full-page copy of each poem is included for poetry notebooks, etc.
A poem is included on each mat, as well as 3-4 activities to build a ton of skills.
There are 4 different mats included for each poem!
#1 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including answering questions and illustrating the poem.
#2 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including letterboxes, connecting, and sequencing.
#3 - Student reads the poem and completes 4 activities, including filling in missing words and completing parts.
#4 - Student reads the poem and completes 3 activities, including rewriting the poem and completing a series of tasks.
*Additional pages are provided for Canadian users which include Canadian spelling and content if necessary. Extra pages included with Canadian content, if applicable.
Look at the PREVIEW for a look at the table of contents and a breakdown of what a Poetry Mat looks like and how it can be used. The video preview shows examples of other Poetry Mats in action.
Skills covered in Poetry Mats!
*Answering comprehension questions
*Finding rhyming words
*Grammar & parts of speech
*Using context clues
& so much more!
4 ways to use Poetry Mats in your classroom!
1. Print and use Poetry Mats in your small groups to practice so many important skills!
2. Shrink and print Poetry Mats and use in interactive poetry notebooks!
3. Copy Poetry Mats back to back with the cover page to create a booklet!
4. Copy and put Poetry Mats into a folder. Use for morning work or fast finishers!
5 Reasons Why YOU NEED Poetry Mats!
1. Poetry mats are perfect for independent practice of the poem of the week and help build beginning reading skills and fluency.
2. Poetry Mats are differentiated to meet the needs of your learners. With the different variations, there is something for all.
3. The original poems are related to seasons, connected to holidays and celebrations, and are about topics kids can relate to.
4. Each poem can be taught whole class and then practiced in small groups, independently, or as a center activity.
5. Poetry Mats help build reading confidence and kids love them!
You can view all of months of Poetry Mats HERE!
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands of PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please read the description, review the preview file, and read the FAQ in our Help Center carefully before purchasing.
Question not answered? Reach out to support at support@proudtobeprimary.
All digital sales on Proud to be Primary of resources are considered final and non-refundable.
© Copyright Proud to be Primary, Elyse Rycroft. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This product is licensed for personal classroom use ONLY unless multiple licenses are purchased. The reproduction, alteration, adaptation, copying, or sale of any part of this product is strictly prohibited. Read the full Terms and Conditions HERE.